To celebrate Valentine's Day (and to do something with the kids, since we're all at home because of this cold weather) we made these rose flavored cookies.
I just used the "Christmas Cookies' recipe" adding rose flavor and sugar decoration.
For about 3 oven sheets
3 cups of all pourpose flour
1 cup of sugar
150 grs butter
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon vanilla
wax paper (papier de cuisson)
For the sugar decoration
70 grs powder sugar
2 or 3 tablespoons of rose syrup
Pink color (strawberry or colorant)
1) Combine flour and baking powder in a medium bowl.
2) Cut the butter into small cubes, and add the cold butter to the flour. With your fingers, mix it together until the dough looks like rice -or small crumbs-.
3) In a separate bowl, mix with a fork the sugar and vanilla together.
4) Join the two doughs using an spatula and NOT knead too much -the point being that the butter remains cold-.
5) Add flour to do a ball with the dough (until it's no longer sticking)
6) Wrap in a plastic film or bag and put it for 20 minutes into the refrigerator.
7) Roll the dough on a flour covered surface (you can also put flour in your rolling pin so it won't stick) until it's 1 cm or 1,5cm high. Cut with your cookie shapes-cutter. If the dough sticks, then add flour to dough and surface each time.
8) Put the cookies onto the wax paper
9) Bake in a oven pre-heated at 180°C between 8 to 10 minutes.
10) Cookies are ready when the edges become slightly brown.
11) Put powder sugar into a bowl and add the rose syrup. Mix with a small spoon and add 2 or 3 tablespoon of water and keep mixing until fluid. Add more water if necessary.
Look at this video to see how to decorate and do your piping bag out of wax paper and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
by Celine Padestres